Saturday, April 9, 2011

Night Season by Chelsea Cain



This is the first book I have read with detective Archie Sheridan as the main character, although it is actually the fourth one. In this one there is flooding from the Willamette River. There are some drownings - not unexpected under these conditions. But when the coroner finds a puncture wound on one of the bodies they decide to check out earlier victims. And when they do it is obvious that there is a serial murderer. I'm not going to tell you the method the killer uses - you wouldn't believe me anyway. So we have a killer, rising water and oh yeah, a boy who was kidnapped a year ago! So there is lots of suspense and great descriptions of a flood. If you want to get your pulse going a bit faster you might want to check this out. But if I had it to do over again, I would have started with the first in the series to find out what Archie had gone through - because he has some history!

No comments: