Sunday, February 1, 2015

Before I Go by Colleen Oakley FIC Oak


I liked the cover so I looked inside.  I found out that it was a book about a 27 year-old woman named Daisy who is married to Jack.  Their life is crazy because Daisy is working on a degree and Jack is finishing up becoming a vet.  They don't have lots of time with each other but they are deeply in love even though Daisy is driven crazy with Jack's inability to put his dirty clothes in the hamper or clean up after himself.  They are feeling lucky because they are about to celebrate the three year anniversary since Daisy finished her cancer treatments and was declared cancer-free.  In a few months they will be able to start doing all of the things that had been pushed back until after Jack's graduation - vacations and babies for instance.  But now her Doctor has called because of his concern after her usual blood test.  The news is bad, very bad.  Daisy begins to focus on poor Jack being left alone.  She needs to find him a new wife.  Now I have read several books with this theme but I think this one was my favorite.  Oakley's characters seemed very believable and it brings you back to the age-old question "What would I do if I knew my time was limited?".  There are plenty of humorous moments also.  It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me think  - and it would have made me stay up to the wee hours if my eyes hadn't protested!   Loved it!

Click here to check our catalog for availability.

No comments: