Friday, February 6, 2015

Saving Grace by Jane Green FIC Gre

 
I was rather torn on my opinion of this book.  It is the story of Grace.  As a young woman she worked in publishing where she met Ted Chapman who was a very successful author.  They fall in love, marry and have a daughter.  When the book opens things on the exterior look good.  But inside the marriage things are a bit rocky.  With their daughter grown up and out of the nest Grace has devoted her time to her passion for cooking.  She uses that gift to help out in a house set up for women who need a safe place while they get their lives back together.  She also uses it as an excuse to get away from Ted and his volatile personality.  (I couldn't figure out why she didn't leave him - her reason was that she loved him.)  Things are held together with the help of Ted's long-time assistant.  When she leaves Grace needs to step up and take care of things in the house and help Ted with his career which is floundering a bit.  She is in a bad place when a new assistant, Beth, shows up.  She is too good to be true.  Literally.  I finished the book to find out how it ended but there were things that just didn't make sense to me.  The other thing that was odd were the recipes that were inserted from time to time.  Since I listened to the book I was irritated when something serious was happening and all of a sudden there is a peppy voice giving me another recipe!!!  At least if you read it you can easily skip over it.  Entertaining enough but not my favorite book by Ms. Green.

Click here to check our catalog for availability.

No comments: