Thursday, May 22, 2014

I've Got You Under My Skin by Mary Higgins Clark MYS Cla

I have read all of Ms. Clark's books and I will continue to do so.  Her books give me the same feeling that I had when I read Agatha Christie's books.  People die but it is never a very bloody affair.  People are in love but I don't have to read about the details.  There are always likeable characters.

Timmy is three years old when his father is killed in front of him.  He remembers the blue eyes of the killer and the threat that his mother would be next and then it would be his turn.  His mother, Laurie, has tried to go on with her life and she has done a good job.  Her father, a former policeman has kept a close eye on his daughter and grandson. Laurie is finally feeling secure enough to let Timmy go to camp for a week.  She will be busy starting her new TV reality series which focuses on unsolved crimes.  The first episode to be filmed is about a socialite found murdered in her home after a party celebrating the graduation of her daughter and three of her friends.  Twenty years later they are still living under a cloud of suspicion.  Maybe Laurie's new show will flush out the killer!

It's an easy read and I enjoyed it.

No comments: