Saturday, May 31, 2014

Stranger Here by Jen Larsen 613.25 Lar

    
I really like memoirs - so even though I have no personal interest in weight-loss surgery I enjoyed reading this book!  Ms. Larsen had been a blogger and columnist before writing this book.  I think that is usually the sign of someone who can write something that is entertaining.  The sub-title for this book is "how weight-loss surgery transformed my body and messed with my head". 

Jen had always had a weight problem but now she was over 300 pounds.  Still she did have a job and a boyfriend.  Diets had never worked for her.  But if she could lose weight wouldn't she be so much happier???  So one day she sees the answer so clearly - surgery.  This book is the story of that journey which led her to go under the knife, the reality of what post-surgery life was like (not pretty!) and the realization that being skinny does not always equate to instant happiness.

It was a fast read, I was entertained and I learned some stuff along the way!

No comments: