Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview

Caroline Bingley thinks she's alone when she dissolves in tears in the library following the wedding of Fitzwilliam Darcy to Elizabeth Bennett. Much to her shock, Darcy's American cousin witnesses her shocking lack of control - and the road to romance begins.

I was intrigued by how the author replicated the language and writing style of Jane Austen. She did a good job of achieving the sounds of the original "Pride and Prejudice" - especially when writing for Mrs. Bennett. The story is fairly predictable but I liked the characters. She even managed to make Caroline Bingley sympathetic!

I'm on a Jane Austen kick. That's all I can say. At one point, I only had "remakes" of Jane Austen books checked out. Now I'm moving on to some other genre!

No comments: