Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life as I Know It by Melanie Rose

The cover of this book did not appeal to me very much. That seems silly, but if I am not familiar with the author this is what makes me open the book to read more about it. It looked a bit too much like chick lit which is not usually my favorite. After some heavy (as far as mood and emotion) books, I liked the idea of something lighter. Besides there was a woman and her terrier in the book - I had to love that part. I started the book after I left work yesterday at 1 and finished it before I came to work tonight. So I did like it and wanted to know how it would end! Jessie Taylor is walking her cute little terrier when a big black lab comes up to her. And behind the black lab is a really cute guy! Then as luck would have it, Jessie gets hit by lightning - the real thing from up above. Next thing she knows she is waking up in a hospital being called by the name Lauren. That's what this man Grant calls her. The four kids? well they call her mom. Is this a realistic book? No. But there are certain aspects of it that make you think......what if? I liked it for a very entertaining read.

No comments: