Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Orphaned Adult by Alexander Levy 155.937 Lev

Another book bought by Hospice. This one has no psychics in it! I became an orphan at the age of 59. There are many things in the book that I had already noticed or had thought about. It made me feel better to know that I was "normal" and like many other orphans. There were many lines in the book that really caught my attention. "Perhaps death of parents in adulthood is the midlife crisis" "Perhaps only after parents have died can people find out what they are going to be when they grow up." There are many stories in the book to illustrate his ideas. This is not at all a dry textbook type publication. It reads very easily - I just couldn't sit down and read it straight through like a mystery! These books do not appeal to everyone. But if you are in this position and want some insight into the situation, this is a good one.

No comments: