Thursday, March 11, 2010

Louisa May Alcott the Woman Behind Little Women by Harriet Reisen

I can't say that I am a big fan of Louisa May Alcott- in fact I am not sure that I have ever actually read one of her books. I do, however, like biographies and that is why I took this audio book home. I very much enjoyed the book and am planning on reading some of her works. Most of the book takes place in the second half of the 19th century and it is interesting to be reminded that "the more things change, the more they stay the same"! Soldiers suffering flashbacks, people living beyond their means and in debt, paparazzi around famous people, trying to get equality for all people, drugs taken to ease pain - you can find all of these things in the newspaper today....or you can read the story of Ms. Alcott! I will warn you that the book doesn't read very quickly but I never thought about stopping before the end.

No comments: