Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke

Sometimes I like a new author with a plot line that keeps me guessing the whole time. And sometimes I like the familiarity of an author I know and the characters that I have come to love. Joanne Fluke has created a wonderful character in Hannah Swensen. Even though Hannah is much younger than I am, she has found at least a dozen dead bodies - I have yet to find one!
This time the victim is an old flame of Hannah's who turned out to be a rat! So we are not really sorry that he's dead. Hannah tries to solve the mystery with the help of her two boyfriends and her lovable family.
And, as always, the recipes scattered throughout the book sound yummy - well, the watermelon cookies didn't sound that great! (They are made with Kool-Aid.....) If anyone tries to bake them, bring one to me please.

No comments: