Friday, April 23, 2010

Every Last One by Anna Quindlen

Wow. I stayed up until 1 this morning to finish this. (Given my age and the condition of my eyes, this is not a common occurrence anymore.) If you like your books on the light side this is not a book you will want to read. It's filled with tragedy and sadness that will tie your heart into knots. Yikes, that sounds a bit poetic for me. I just want you to understand that it is a hard book to read because of what happens in the story.
But if you can stand the sadness read this book. It is so well-written and she does a terrific job with the characters. This first part of the book is the story of a regular family - Mary Beth, her husband, 3 teenagers and a great dog. Then something horrific happens. The rest of the book is the story of how she copes with her life going forward.
If you have never read a book by Anna Quindlen, check them some of her earlier books too.

No comments: