Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy FIC Bin


Maeve Binchy is one of my all-time favorite authors.  When I heard she died I was so sad to think I had read the last book...ever.  Then like a gift from beyond I find out that she had written one more book and it would be published in February.  I immediately pre-ordered a copy of it for my Kindle (to join my collection of Binchy books and also so I wouldn't have to wait in line at the library!).  The day arrived and there is was - on my Kindle waiting for me to begin that last journey.  And I found out that I couldn't do it.  I didn't want to start it because I didn't want it to be over.  Four months later I finally listened to the audio version from Wilbor.  It was classic Binchy. Chicky Starr opens a holiday place in an old mansion (that needs some work) located in the small town of Stoneybridge (where nothing much happens).  Few people think she will succeed but she gets some help and one week in winter she opens the door to her first guests.  If you are a Binchy fan you will know that all of the guests come with a background story - and that is what makes her books so rich.  I will miss her so much..........

No comments: