Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg (Only available from Wilbor - audio and ebook)

I enjoyed listening to this book a lot.  I find the subject of habit fascinating and I am always trying to change my bad ones.  (I am finally doing a great job of making my bed every morning - for the first time ever in my life!).  The examples given in the book are interesting.  By studying habits managers and CEOs can turn around their companies.  Febreze was a great product but it was not selling and was going down the tubes quickly.  Then marketers watched videos of people making beds and they noticed something about what the people did.  They shifted the way they advertised it and success.  By the end of the book I was totally convinced that understanding how habits work is the answer to a lot of problems! Duhigg talks about Michael Phelps, Martin Luther King Jr., Rick Warren's church, Target superstores and hospitals.  Habits - they can make huge changes in our own lives, in our communities, in our country and in our world. 

No comments: