Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecilia Ahern

I was intrigued enough by the title of this book that I checked it out. I wasn't too sure that I would actually read and finish it - but I did! So that means I enjoyed it and wanted to know what was going to happen. This is the story of Tamara, a rich and very spoiled teen. Life is easy and good - until her father commits suicide. He was financially ruined and heavily in debt. Now Tamara and her mom (who will be referred to only as mom since I don't remember her name!) are forced to sell everything in Dublin and move to live with Arthur and Rosaleen, Tamara's uncle and aunt. They live in the middle of no where and life is dismal. Her mother is unable to help Tamara with her grief - because she herself seems to be in a depression that leaves her unable to function. So that is the background. The rest of the story has to do with a blank journal that Tamara comes across. Each morning when she opens the journal there is an entry in her own handwriting that describes the day - the one that is just beginning. There is also a family mystery that she unravels.
A different book but it is well-written and it kept my interest until the end.

No comments: