Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wish You Were Here by Stewart O'Nan

This is a book from 2002. I checked it out because we received a new one by O'Nan called Emily Alone. I was reading the back of it and found out that Emily was introduced in this book. So for once I did the right thing and let the new book go. Now I have to wait for it to be returned to the library to find out how things work out for Emily. But back to this book. This is the story of a family - so now you know there will be secrets, lies and love. Emily has been widowed for a year. This year when her two children, their children and her sister-in-law come to the lake cottage it will be for the last time. The story is divided into the 7 days that they are there. It is a beautifully told story. Everyone will probably be able to identify with several of the characters. I found all of the characters to be annoying at times but at other times I was empathetic. I will eagerly await the return of the new book!

No comments: