Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

I just love Jodi Picoult's books. I wasn't at the top of the hold list and I knew I couldn't wait. So I pre-purchased a Kindle edition for the March 1st release. I checked to see if it had been delivered at 11 on Monday night because I reasoned that it was March 1st in the East. No such luck. When one of my dogs got me up at 6:15 the next morning I checked again. There it was!!!! I began reading at once. With my Kindle I was able to keep reading as I waited in line to vote. The only thing that interrupted the flow was having to work that evening. But by midnight that night I had finished it. It is like a carton of ice cream. I really do want to make it last and enjoy it over many days.......... but it just doesn't work for me. So enough about me and on to the book. There is nothing I can really say. Picoult researches her books so well and tells the story flawlessly. It is the story of Zoe Baxter, a music therapist, who spends her time trying to soothe children who are suffering in the hospital, to connect with autistic kids and to ease the passing of the dying. . She is happily married to Max, but they desperately want a baby and have spent a lot of money and years trying to make it happen. Not surprisingly the infertility takes its toll on the marriage. And things just get harder for Zoe from that point on. Wonderful book!
I am counting on her to have another one ready for me in 12 months!

No comments: