Saturday, March 26, 2011

An Irish Country Courtship by Patrick Taylor

I listened to the original book in this series a year or so ago. After I listened to this one I looked it up and found out that it is the 5th in the series. Seems I missed the middle three - but I will make up for that later. These books are very 'gentle' reads. They take place in the 1950's in the Irish countryside - so you can be assured that there will not be too much action and that usually the scandals are survivable! I enjoy the narrator's voice and the characters from the village of Ballybucklebo. Themes from this book include a budding romance and one that is falling apart. More 'edgy' is the story of a dishonest politician (I was shocked!) and a horse. I'm just saying.........it's about the characters and the village!

No comments: